Apply for a spring/ summer internship with the Rumi Forum to gain a great experience in Washington DC!
We are always considering applications for our internship program (dates are flexible and negotiable)
Eligibility: All undergraduate and masters level students and J.D. and Ph.D. candidates, as well as recent graduates, are eligible to apply.
Application Process: In order to apply for a Rumi Forum Internship, please fill out this application form. You may send any supporting documents such as CVs, resumes etc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you need to fill out the application form first before sending any documents.
Available Internship Positions
- Project Internship
- Multimedia Internship
- Web Design Internship
- Public Relations Internship
The responsibility of the interns of these centers will be about general projects of Rumi Forum including the organization of luncheon and ambassador speaking series, conferences, seminars, trips to Turkey and social responsibility projects.
Pursuing an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, or other related fields in the social sciences and arts.
Duties may include the following:
- Reaching prominent government, corporate and media officials, opinion-makers, academics, diplomats, clergy and other civic leaders
- Making invitee lists, preparing and sending hard copy and email invitations
- Maintaining contacts database
- Checking the venue ready for the Forum and working with catering
- Working with Photographer and Cameraman
- Having interviews
- Editing speeches and interviews, preparing news updates for the website working with the webmaster
- Following events in Washington DC related to the field of Rumi Forum
- Ability to prepare press releases and contact with media is preferred
Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences, Arts, International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, or other related fields in the social sciences.
Duties may include:
Working directly with the Multimedia Coordinator
- Assist in the creation of interactive projects
- Assist in the creation of training, marketing, and corporate videos
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and prepare supporting content
- Monitor CD duplication, tape digitization, materials management and archiving
- Having some demonstrated skills in the area of design, writing, or programming, as well as some understanding of the production process.
- Having generally at least one of those intermediate skills in:
- Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of video production and non-linear editing
- Keen eye for detail and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a camera and edit the video footage
Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or other related fields in sciences.
Duties may include:
The primary responsibility of the design intern is to assist with web design projects.
We are looking for a talented self-starter with excellent multi-tasking skills, knowledge of HTML/CSS, and WordPress. Knowledge of Joomla is preferred.
- Develop the look, feel and performance of the site
- Assist in the development & concept of the site.
- Optimize, edit and upload images for web use
- Content collection and input
- Maintenance & Support Requests
- An eye for detail, flexibility, and usability
- Excellent creative / aesthetic / artistic judgment
- Understanding of graphic optimization and browser limitations
- Knowledge of Web usability and navigation standards
- PHP knowledge or the desire to learn.
- Flexible, responsible, and ready to grow
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
Public Relations Internships
Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology or other fields in the social sciences.
Duties may include:
- Writing, editing and distributing a wide variety of PR materials, including press releases, media alerts, calendar listings and pitch letters
- Designing, assembling and distributing press kits
- Creating, updating and maintaining specific media lists
- Participating in creative brainstorming sessions
- Delivering pitch materials to press members
- Monitoring media coverage for clients and helping with monthly status reports
- Administrative duties associated with PR account management, as needed
- Public Relations or related field of study is an asset for the candidate.