Job and internship opportunities at the Rumi Forum in Washington, D.C.!
Learn more and apply today!
This Spring the Rumi Forum is offering two exciting internship opportunities for undergraduates, graduate students, or recent graduates. Our current available positions include:
The research intern will assist with preparation of our publications that include topics such as peace, conflict resolution, community cohesion, multiculturalism, pluralism, social justice and interfaith issues.
Applicant must be pursuing (or have recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, Religious Studies, Divinity or other related fields.
Duties may include the following:
- Write, revise, and edit reports, blog posts, thought pieces, social media content, etc.
- Assist in communications, public relations, marketing, and business development
- Edit speeches and interviews, and prepare news updates for the website
- Follow events in Washington DC related to the field of Rumi Forum
- Prepare and edit press releases
- Other projects as assigned
The responsibility of these interns will be centered around general projects of the Rumi Forum, most of which include event planning and organization of our various conferences, seminars, international trips, evening events, community events, and social responsibility projects.
Applicant must be pursuing (or have recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, or other related fields.
Duties may include the following:
- Reach prominent government, corporate and media officials, opinion-makers, academics, diplomats, clergy and other civic leaders for event collaboration opportunities
- Email marketing
- Promote events by developing and executing a social media strategy
- Maintaining contact database
- Conduct site selection research
- Work with the photographer and the cameraman
- Edit speeches and interviews, preparing news updates for the website
- Follows events in Washington DC related to the field of Rumi Forum
- Assists with updates on the website
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Excellent project management skills
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the CEO.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Please fill out this form to apply. After filling out the form, please email your resume to email@example.com