Apply for a fall internship with the Rumi Forum to gain a great experience in Washington DC!
We are always considering applications for our internship program (dates are flexible and negotiable)
Eligibility: All undergraduate and masters level students and J.D. and Ph.D. candidates, as well as recent graduates, are eligible to apply.
Application Process: In order to apply for a Rumi Forum Internship, please fill out this application form. You may send any supporting documents such as CVs, resumes etc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you need to fill out the application form first before sending any documents.
Available Internship Positions
- Project Internship
- Multimedia Internship
- Web Design Internship
- Public Relations Internship
The responsibility of the interns of these centers will revolve around general projects of Rumi Forum including the organization of luncheons and ambassador speaking series, conferences, seminars, study trips and social responsibility projects.
Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, or other related fields in the social sciences and arts.
Duties may include the following:
- Reaching prominent government, corporate and media officials, opinion-makers, academics, diplomats, clergy and other civic leaders
- Making invitee lists, preparing and sending hard copy and email invitations
- Maintaining contacts database
- Preparing event venues
- Work with catering events
- Working with the Photographer and Cameraman
- Editing speeches and interviews, preparing news updates for the website
- Following events in Washington DC related to the field of Rumi Forum
- Ability to prepare press releases and contact with media is preferred
Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Sciences, Arts, International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, or other related fields in the social sciences. Interns will work directly with the Multimedia Coordinator
Duties may include:
- Assist in the creation of interactive projects
- Assist in the creation of training, marketing, and corporate videos
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and prepare supporting content
- Monitor CD duplication, tape digitization, materials management and archiving
- Having some demonstrated skills in the area of design, writing, or programming, as well as some understanding of the production process.
- Having generally at least one of those intermediate skills in:
- Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of video production and non-linear editing
- Keen eye for detail and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a camera and edit the video footage
Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Sciences or other related fields in sciences. The primary responsibility of the design intern is to assist with web design projects. We are looking for a talented self-starter with excellent multi-tasking skills, knowledge of HTML/CSS, and WordPress. Knowledge of Joomla is preferred.
Duties may include:
- Develop the look, feel and performance of the site
- Assist in the development & concept of the site.
- Optimize, edit and upload images for web use
- Content collection and input
- Maintenance & Support Requests
Public Relations Internships
Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology or other fields in the social sciences.
Duties may include:
- Writing, editing and distributing a wide variety of PR materials, including press releases, media alerts, calendar listings and pitch letters
- Designing, assembling and distributing press kits
- Creating, updating and maintaining specific media lists
- Participating in creative brainstorming sessions
- Delivering pitch materials to press members
- Monitoring media coverage for clients and helping with monthly status reports
- Administrative duties associated with PR account management, as needed
- Public Relations or related field of study is an asset for the candidate.