Rumi Forum was founded in 1999 with the mission to foster interfaith dialogue and intercultural understanding. It has since been a leading institution where faith leaders, scholars and lay people connect and strive to advance interfaith engagement. The Forum enhances the impact of interfaith efforts for the greater good by bridging the gaps among these stakeholders and mobilizing their work.
Rumi Forum works towards strengthening a culture of peace, pluralism, and social harmony among faith communities and individuals of diverse beliefs, ethnicities and backgrounds. We strive to achieve this overarching goal by:
- Facilitating person-to-person understanding through religious literacy programs, wherein diverse faith groups learn about one another, build rapport, and engage in lasting dialogue.
- Building, informing and mobilizing an active interfaith dialogue community through substantive speaker programs, book talks and panel discussions that feature renowned scholars and practitioners.
- Fostering exchange of knowledge and experience among leaders from all faiths through workshops, mutual learning opportunities, and academic publications.
An inclusive, cohesive, and empowering society where differences are celebrated and human potential prospers.
- We hold human dignity as the core of our work.
- We believe in the inherent value of dialogue.
- We remain open to new perspectives.
- We trust in the power of grassroots initiatives.
- We warmly welcome all.
Rumi Forum is a member of the Alliance for Shared Values and the Mid-Atlantic Platform.